Archive for December, 2009

Flying High

December 29, 2009

Why are we so bad at detecting the guilty and so good at collective punishment of the innocent?
> read the article

Advertisements

Sarkozy cool on relationship with Obama

December 29, 2009

“We are right to talk about the future but before the future there is the present, and the present is two major nuclear crises,” Mr Sarkozy said, alluding to Iran and North Korea. “We are living in a real world, not a virtual world,” he added, in a clear dig at Mr Obama’s disarmament ambitions.
> read the article

The Liberal Plot against American Education

December 29, 2009

Can any reasonable person honestly believe that liberals are sincerely committed to improving American education when they insist that chronic, often violent troublemakers should be kept in school at all costs? Nobody can be that stupid — not even those who write editorials for the New York Times.
>  read the article

Obama’s Image: What a Difference a Year Makes

December 28, 2009

Almost a year has passed since January 20, 2009 — when the waters of the ocean no longer rose and America began to heal from the depredations of Republicans. Barack Obama has been our president for that long, and the people have started to wise up.
> read the article 

Napolitano claims “the system worked” after failing to detect terrorist; Obama still has no comment

December 28, 2009

A terrorist from Nigeria nearly blew up an airliner.  He brought explosives onto a plane, without being detected, and set them on fire. Only the quick action of passengers put out the fire.   He was allowed on the plane despite the fact that he was on a terror watch list.
read > Administration claims “the system worked”

There is a reason why Obama hasn’t given a public statement. It’s strategy.
read > Why The President Went Golfing Today

Not one nickel for California

December 27, 2009

California remains the poster-child for liberal fiscal insanity and it’s time for the free-range chickens to come home to roost… the confiscatory tax policies and unfriendly business environment of the Granola State continue to hemorrhage both businesses and jobs to more enlightened states.
> read the article

Lazy American Students

December 24, 2009

> Nowhere, sadly, is this clearer than in the classroom

Unconstitutional Sleazy Deals May Doom Obamacare (if we’re lucky)

December 23, 2009

Payoffs, Kickbacks, Sweetheart Deals Abound in Sen. Reid’s Government Takeover of Health Care
> Big payoffs to senators on health bill stoke public anger

“Get them in a room, give them what they need, punish your enemies, and reward your friends.”
Sen. Graham: Health Care Bill Process ‘Disappointing, Sleazy, Unconstitutional’

The very core of the Senate health plan includes an unprecedented expansion of the power of the federal government over the lives of every American.
Obamacare’s Constitutional Problems Proliferating

Obamacare: Higher Premiums, Less Care, More Government Control of Your Life

December 23, 2009

Your health insurance premiums will skyrocket but the care you receive will drop precipitously.
> Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Obamacare

With the passage of Obamacare, anyone who doesn’t purchase government insurance is a criminal, subject to prosecution. 
> You Say You Want A Revolution?

Laughing at the Left

December 20, 2009

If the consequences for this great nation of ours weren’t so serious and the policies preferred by the left weren’t so dangerous, one would really laugh, almost uncontrollably, at the beliefs and (il)logic of American liberals.
read > Laughing at the Left